Latest posts by Madara Mason (see all)
- Personal Reflections on a CITE Project - March 14, 2014
- Techniques for Innovative Ideas & Partnerships - February 19, 2014
- Deadline April 15th, 2014 for Google Research Awards Applications - November 25, 2013
Documentary Film Institute
The Documentary Film Institute will incorporate an inter-class model in which students will collaborate on projects that flow from course to course. The Institute will mimic the film industry production model in that students will have different roles in the production of a film that, by working together, produce a finished product.
This project is innovative in that it takes multiple isolated courses and creates one, narrative-bound professional film lab concept. The over-arching goal being to create a peer-learning environment in which students build collaborative relationships and feel responsible to fulfill their duties for the benefit of their classmates.
- For students who are members of the Institute, a more engaging teamwork experience will emerge that will model the type of activity required in professional filmmaking,
- The project will benefit faculty, the department, and the Institute by encouraging students to take more courses within the Institute.
- Students will complete the courses more successfully with increased learning and a higher completion rate.